2009-03-04 11:48:06| 分类：
1. You _____ all those clothes. We have a washing machine to do that sort of thing.
A. needn’t have washed B. shouldn’t have washed
C. must not have washed D. can not have washed
2. John _____ his father about his failure in the exam.
A. dares not tell B. dares not telling
C. dare not tell D. dares not to tell
3. Tom’s score on the test is the highest in the class; he _____ last night.
A. should study B. should have studied
C. must have studied D. must have to study
4. This pen looks like mine, yet it isn’t. Whose _____ it be?
A. must B. can
C. may D. might
5. Nobody knows how people first came to these islands. They _____ from South America on rafts.
A. must have sailed B. can sail
C. might have sailed D. should have sailed
6. He must have finished his homework, _____ he?
A. mustn’t B. didn’t
C. needn’t D. hasn’t
7. Walking alone in the deserted village, John was scared. He thought he _____ Tom to go with him.
A. might have asked B. should asked
C. must have asked D. should have asked
8. As a soldier, you _____ do as the head tells you.
A. will B. shall
C. may D. ought
9. You should bear in mind that he is not as strong as he _____.
A. was used to be B. used to be
C. was used to D. use to
10. Since it is already midnight, we _____.
A. had better leaving B. ought to have left
C. must have left D. might as well leave
11. Mary _____ my letter, otherwise she would have replied before now.
A. should have received B. has received
C. couldn’t have received D. ought to have received
12. In case I _____, I would try again.
A. will fail B. would miss
C. should fail D. shall miss
13. What _____ would happen if the director knew you felt that way?
A. will you suppose B. you suppose
C. do you suppose D. you would suppose
14. You must be a writer, _____?
A. mustn’t you B. are you
C. must you D. aren’t you
15. Two eyes _____ see more than one.
A. can B. may
C. will D. should
16. Research findings show we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we ____ during the day.
A. should have done B. would have done
C. may have done D.must have done
17. _____ you continue in your efforts and achieve new and greater successes.
A. Would B. Will
C. May D. Should
18. Has it been warned that all the children in this area _____ stay at their homes until the Bird Flu has been controlled?
A. can B. will
C. may D. shall
19. —May I sit beside you, sir?
—No, you _____. My girlfriend is coming soon.
A. can’t B. mustn’t
C. needn’t D. shouldn’t
20. Sir, you _____ be sitting in this waiting room. It is for women and children only.
A. mustn’t B. can’t
C. won’t D. needn’t
21. When we got to the cinema, the film hasn’t started yet, so we _____.
A. needn’t hurry B. didn’t need hurry
C. needn’t to hurry D. needn’t have hurried
22. The driver has drunk too much wine and dangerous things _____ happen at any time.
A. should B. can
C. must D. need
23. As he had heart attack, he was told that he _____ continue the work.
A. needn’t B. may not
C. mustn’t D. can’t
24. This couple had been separated for twenty years; you _____ imagine how happy they were when they met again.
A. might B. will
C. can D. must
25. When crossing the street, you _____ be too careful.
A. needn’t B. could
C. must D. can’t
26. I know things are hard with you, but you _____ try to get over the difficulties.
A. can B. may
C. must D. ought
27. I promised to get there before 5 o’clock, but now the rain is pouring down. They _____ for me impatiently.
A. must be waiting B. ought to wait
C. could be waiting D. may wait
28. He _____ the 9:20 train because he didn’t leave home till 9:25.
A. can reach B. could catch
C. may not catch D. couldn’t have caught
29. To be on safe side, we _____ fill up the tank now, because we _____ run out of gas on the way.
A. could; could B. should; might
C. should; would D. could; might
30. _____ show himself in the front of the mirror?
A. Dares the king B. Dare the king
C. Does the king dare D. Is the king dare
31. See who’s there! _____ it be Mary?
A. May B. Must
C. Can D. Will
32. I talked for a long time, and in the end I _____ make him believe me.
A. was able to B. could
C. may D. might
33. There was a lot of fun at yesterday’s party. You _____ come, but why didn’t you?
A. must have B. should
C. need have D. ought to have
34. I often see lights in that empty house. Do you think I _____ report it the police?
A. should B. may
C. will D. can
35. —I came here by taxi and the driver charged me 50 Yuan.
—Really? You _____ have come by bus.
A. needn’t B. must
C. may D. should
36. —Do you still remember when we went to the great wall?
—I can’t remember it well, but _____ it have been sometimes last May?
A. should B. must
C. could D. would
37. —Who is the girl standing over there?
—Well , if you _____ know, her name is Mabel.
A. may B. can
C. must D. shall
38. John, look at the time. _____ you play the piano at such a late hour?
A. Must B. Can
C. May D. Need
39. Some aspects of a pilot’s job _____ be boring, and pilots often _____ work at inconvenient hours.
A. can; have to B. may; can
C. have to; may D. ought to; must
1—5 ACCBC 6—10 DDBBD 11—15 CCCDA 16—20 CCDAB
21—25 DBCCD 26—30 CADBB 31—35 CADAD 36—39 CCAA
1. needn’t have done表示“本不需要做某事”。
3. must have done表示对过去的动作肯定的推测，翻译成“一定是……”。
5. must have done表示对过去的动作肯定的推测，翻译成“一定是……”，根据上下文不能这样说。
6. must have done的反义疑问句用didn’t或者have/has not，取决于句中有没有表示过去时间的状语。
7. should have done表示“本来应该做某事”。
9. used to表示“过去常常……”；当used to后面是be动词时，不可省略。
10. might as well do表示“还不如；不妨”。
11. couldn’t have done表示对过去动作否定的推测。
12. in case后面用should do的虚拟语气形式。
13. do you suppose作为插入语用在疑问句中。
14. must be的反义疑问句用be动词。
16. may have done表示对过去动作不太肯定的推测，翻译成“也许是……”。
21. needn’t have done表示“本来不需要做某事”。
27. must be doing表示对正在进行的动作肯定的推测。
28. couldn’t have done表示对过去发生的动作否定的推测，翻译成“不可能”。
32. be able to强调在特定情况下做成某事。
33. ought to have done表示“本来应该做某事”。
35. should have done表示“本来应该做某事”。
39. have to表示“不得不”。